This holiday season, give the gift of CBAM! Make a donation through our page at the UCLA Foundation to help advance our efforts to treat addiction and prevent the spread of HIV. Make a gift in honor of a friend or family member and the Foundation will send them a card with your personalized message.
Over the past year, the collective efforts of CBAM personnel have resulted in significant successes and advancements in the field. They include:
• Pilot study findings showing significant improvement in brain functioning in methamphetamine addicts given a novel medication
• Implementation of a new study testing a medication to prevent the spread of HIV in Black MSM, a population experiencing the highest rates of infection in the country
• Research findings showing that combining behavioral science with social media and online communities can lead to improved health behaviors among men at risk for HIV infection
• Training of clinicians in community settings in the use of evidence-based behavioral and addiction medicine interventions in their programs
• Provision of substance abuse counseling to more than a dozen patients at low or no cost
• Publication of more than 20 peer reviewed journal articles, advancing the body of scientific knowledge on addiction treatment and HIV prevention
• Delivery of over a dozen trainings and workshops, including a 2-part series on the Affordable Care Act for HIV/AIDS community-based organizations, attended by more than 500 participants
Your support will help us to continue this important work, advancing the science of addiction treatment and HIV prevention and bringing the best in care to those who need it most. All donations are tax deductible. 93.5% of your donation will go directly to the Center. Thank you!